Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One for the boys!

I have to be honest, I prefer making girly cards than ones for the boys but there are times when we just have to steer to the masculine side of things and give the pink a back seat!!

For this card I used up all my scrap pieces of "Elegant Soiree" Designer Series Paper and punched them out using the 1 1/4" Square Punch then layered them onto a piece of Marina Mist cardstock which I then adhered to my Soft Suede card base.

I punched stars using the Ex. Large Star Punch, daubed around the edges and wrapped Linen Thread around randomly, I attached a Neutrals Button to the centre of one of them tying a very thin strip of Marina Mist card stock through it.

The Happy Birthday greeting stamp is sadly now retired, it was from "Punch Bunch", one of the Sale-a-bration stamp sets.

2 comments:

  1. Love the thread -around the stars - really looks fabby! BTW I emailed the training photos over to you - hopefully your mail box doesn't explode! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Elizabeth, with check my mail box!

    ReplyDelete