Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's in the can!

Today's project is something I really enjoyed creating.  I love to upcycle everyday objects and here I used an empty aluminium can, something I would normally place into the recycling box but I saw an option of giving it another life.


My tin opener left a nice clean cut, just one tiny piece had to be flattened down with a pair of pliers then it was nice and "safe" inside.

I covered the outer with a piece of the new SAB (Sale-a-bration) Designer Paper called "Sweet Sorbet", yours free with any £45 order.  The colours are delicious, Sahara Sand, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit and a hint of Basic Black.

Next I took a strip of Sahara Sand cardstock and used my new "Fringe Scissors" to create a lovely frilled edge around the top of the can.  These are amazing value at just £8.95

Item #133325 £8.95



I created a tag using another new product, the "Scallop Tag Topper Punch"

Item # 133323 £20.95

I stamped a greeting from the "Perfect Pennants" stamp set and the dotty border at the bottom was also from the same set, then tied to a "Twisty Treat Bag" which is a SAB offering that you can earn for FREE.  I love the twisty ties, just like those you package sandwich bags with but much more lovely with hearts and stripes on.



And another new product, the Sprial Flower Die, again an amazing price of just £15.95 which will help you to create 3D flowers in a flash!

Item #129379 £15.95

The flower centres were created with the Fringe Scissors



I filled one of the gorgeous Twisty Treat Cello Bags with Mini Marshmallows and my creation was complete.


supplies
signature

1 comment:

  1. I just found your amazing blog, Kerry.. I love your work and particularly love your can and pretty flowers!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete